TX PARENT TAUGHT DRIVERS ED + PERMIT TEST
STATE-APPROVED PARENT TAUGHT DRIVERS ED (PTDE) + DPS PERMIT TEST
All first-time drivers in Texas under the age of 18 are required to complete a state-approved 32-Hour Driver Education Course to apply for a Texas Learner Permit and Driver License. Our course is state-approved and can be taken 100% online without any hassles.
ABOUT THIS COURSE:
- This course has been fully approved by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation.
- This course includes the DPS Permit Test so that you can skip the test at the DPS. We give you an unlimited number of attempts to pass the test.
- This course is 100% online and can be completed from your mobile device or computer. There is no need to download additional software or mobile apps.
- We provide a 100% money-back guarantee. If you request a refund within 30 days of purchase and prior to receiving your Texas Driver Education Certificate (DE-964), we will refund your money, no questions asked.
- You can sign-in and sign-out whenever you want and we track your progress, so that when you return you can start where you left off.
- All certificates are instantly downloadable. There is no need to pay or wait for certificates to be shipped.
- Includes the required 14-hour and 30-hour driving logs at no additional cost
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW:
- This is the Parent Taught Course (PTDE). A qualified parent or legal guardian is required to serve as the instructor of the behind-the-wheel portion of the course.
- You must be between the ages of 14 and 17 years old to take this course.
- You must be at least 15 years old before you can visit your local DPS and apply for your Learner Permit.
- After completing Module 1 of this course, you can take your DPS Exam for your Learner Permit right from our course and you will be eligible to apply for your Learner Permit.
- After completing all 12 modules of this course, you will be eligible to apply for your Texas Driver License.
HOW TO GET YOUR DRIVER LICENSE:
- Sign up for our Parent Taught Course today.
- Complete Module 1 (6 hours) of the course (100% online) and download your DE-964 for Learner License.
- Go to your local DPS office and get your Learner License.
- Begin your 14 Instruction and Observation hours with your parent instructor (detailed instructions provided in the course)
- Complete Modules 2-12 of the course (100% online) and download your DE-964 for Driver License.
- Complete your 30 hours of Behind-The-Wheel Practice.
- Return to the DPS and get your Driver License.
FUN TO WATCH–EASY TO LEARN
Our Texas Driver Education Course is designed to help you get your Texas Learner Permit fast and easy. By combining easy-to-learn text lessons with engaging animations, you’ll be amazed at how quickly you’ll comprehend our course material. Our course is also divided into concise one-subject chapters so you’re able to concentrate on learning one subject at a time.
- TDLR Approved Parent Taught Course Provider #131
- ¿Es este curso aprobado por el estado?
- Are there any other hidden fees?
- How old do I have to be to take this course?
- How long is this course?
- Who can be an instructor for this course?
- What could disqualify one as a Parent-Taught instructor?
- How do I receive my Certificate of Completion?
- How can I apply for a Hardship License?
- What is required to get a Price-Match?
- Course provider #131.
We charge NO additional fees for our course. However, you will be required to purchase a Request for Parent Taught Driver Education Instructor Designation Service Application from the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR). TDLR charges $20 for this application, which must be purchased before the Parent-Taught Program Guide will be sent to the qualifying parent instructor. Click here to view TDLR's Steps For Parents at-a-glance.
You can click the link above to be redirected to TDLR's website. We also provide a link to purchase the application from within our course. In either case, the $20 is not paid to us and no online course provider is authorized to provide this document - you must obtain this from TDLR and your payment goes directly to this government agency. Among other things, this guide contains official state forms and training logs that will need to be filled out while administering the Parent Taught program.
In addition, the Department of Public Safety (DPS) charges a fee before issuing a learner permit and driver's license. Click here to view detailed fee information on the DPS website. As with the designation service application mentioned above, these fees cannot be bundled into the course price, they must be paid directly to DPS at the time the license application is submitted.
The following persons may instruct the Parent Taught program:
- Foster Parent
- Legal guardian
Additionally, a parent, legal guardian, or a judge of a court with jurisdiction over the student can designate a person to instruct the course who meet the following requirements:
- Is at least 25 years old;
- Does not charge a fee for conducting the course; and
- Has at least seven years of driving experience
The following conditions prevent a person from serving as an instructor:
- Convicted of Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) in the past seven years.
- Criminal negligent homicide, even probated.
- Six or more points on your driving record.
- Your license has been suspended, forfeited, or revoked in the last three years.
For more details, please click here to see the information provided by TDLR regarding parent instructor requirements.
Found this same course from another authorized provider? We'll match the price, plus give you an additional 25% off! Just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact us via our website chat and provide a link to the webpage where we can find the course advertised at a lower price. Once confirmed, we'll provide instructions on how to buy our course at the discounted price.
To obtain the additional 25% discount: the course must have the same key features that are included with our course. These features include the ability to access the course online from any device, as well as the inclusion of downloadable DE-964 certificates. Downloadable versions of the entire Parent-Taught course in a printable or digital format would not be eligible for the additional 25% discount.
Garantía de reembolso
Estamos tan seguros de que estará 100% satisfecho de que se lo garantizamos o le devolvemos el dinero.
No hay costos ocultos
Sólo promocionamos nuestro costo actual. Lo que ves, es lo que hay.
Otras escuelas cobran cargos adicionales por el certificado de cumplimiento, ¡nosotros no!
El precio más bajo garantizado
¿Encuentra un precio más bajo? Sólo tienes que enviar un mensaje con la información sobre el precio anunciado y garantizamos superarlo.
El mejor, de lo mejor, de lo mejor…ok ya entiende el punto
Rápido y fácil
Al combinar lecciones de textos fáciles de aprender, con imágenes interesantes, usted se sorprenderá lo fácil que es comprender la materia del curso.
Inicie y cierre sesiones a su conveniencia. No hay clases de aula y no hay presión para terminar. Nosotros registramos su progreso para que usted no tenga que hacerlo.
Servicio al Cliente
¿Necesita ayuda? No hay problema, llámenos o envíenos un correo electrónico y nuestro equipo de Servicio al Cliente estará a su disposición para ayudarlo.
Con nuestro entorno optimizado para dispositivos móbiles, usted puede aprender en cualquier lugar que tenga connección al Internet
Todos nuestros cursos incluyen cuestionarios interactivos que le ayudarán a medir su conocimiento y ver si está entendiendo el curso
Nuestro curso también está dividido en secciones que abarcan un solo tema a la vez para que así se pueda concentrar mejor.