STATE-APPROVED PARENT TAUGHT DRIVERS ED (PTDE) + DPS PERMIT TEST
All first-time drivers in Texas under the age of 18 are required to complete a state-approved 32-Hour Driver Education Course to apply for a Texas Learner Permit and Driver License. Our course is state approved and can be taken 100% online without any hassles.
ABOUT THIS COURSE:
- This course includes the DPS Permit Test so that you can skip the test at the DPS. We give you an unlimited number of attempts to pass the test.
- This course is 100% online and can be completed from your mobile device or computer. There is no need to download additional software or mobile apps.
- We provide a 100% money-back guarantee. If you request a refund within 30 days of purchase and prior to receiving your Texas Driver Education Certificate (DE-964), we will refund your money, no questions asked.
- You can sign-in and sign-out whenever you want and we track your progress, so that when you return you can start where you left off.
- All certificates are instantly downloadable. There is no need to pay or wait for certificates to be shipped.
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW:
- This is the Parent Taught Course (PTDE). A parent or legal guardian is required to serve as the instructor of the behind-the-wheel portion of the course.
- You must be between the ages of 14 and 17 years old to take this course.
- You must be at least 15 years old before you can visit your local DPS and apply for your Learner Permit.
- After completing Module 1 of this course, you can take your DPS Exam for your Learner Permit right from our course and you will be eligible to apply for your Learner Permit.
- After completing all 12 modules of this course, you will be eligible to apply for your Texas Driver License.
HOW TO GET YOUR DRIVER LICENSE:
- Sign up for our Parent Taught Course today.
- Complete Module 1 (6 hours) of the course (100% online) and download your DE-964 for Learner License.
- Go to your local DPS office and get your Learner License.
- Start driving.
- Complete Modules 2-12 of the course (100% online) and download your DE-964 for Driver License.
- Complete the Behind-The-Wheel training with your parent or legal guardian.
- Return to the DPS and get your Driver License.
FUN TO WATCH–EASY TO LEARN
Our Texas Driver Education Course is designed to help you get your Texas Learner Permit fast and easy. By combining easy-to-learn text lessons with engaging animations, you’ll be amazed at how quickly you’ll comprehend our course material. Our course is also divided into concise one-subject chapters so you’re able to concentrate on learning one subject at a time.
- TDLR Approved Parent Taught Course Provider #131
- Is this course State Approved?
- Are there any other hidden fees?
- How old do I have to be to take this course?
- How long is this course?
- Who can be an instructor for this course?
- What qualifications does the instructor need to meet?
- How do I receive my Certificate of Completion?
Yes. This course is approved by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation.
- Course provider #131.
We charge NO additional fees for our course. However, you will be required to purchase a Parent Taught Driver Education Program Guide from the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR) which costs $20 and can be purchased online here
. We also provide a link to purchase this guide from within our course. In either case, the $20 is not paid to us and no online course provider is authorized to provide this guide - you must obtain this from TDLR and your payment goes directly to this government agency. Among other things, this guide contains official state forms and training logs that will need to be filled out while administering the Parent Taught program. In addition, you’ll also have to pay a fee at the DPS when you get your learner permit and driver license. Currently, these fees are $16 for a permit and $11 for a license. Click here
to view TDLR's Steps For Parents at-a-glance.
You must be at least 14 years old to begin this course and under the age of 18.
This course is 32 hours long and is the shortest course allowed by law. Texas law requires that all approved Driver Ed courses be a minimum of 32 hours in length.
The following persons may instruct the Parent Taught program:
- Foster Parent
- Legal guardian
Additionally, a parent, legal guardian, or a judge of a court with jurisdiction over the student can designate a person to instruct the course who meet the following requirements:
- Is at least 25 years old;
- Does not charge a fee for conducting the course; and
- Has at least seven years of driving experience
The following conditions prevent a person from serving as an instructor:
- Convicted of Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) in the past seven years.
- Criminal negligent homicide, even probated.
- Six or more points on your driving record.
- Your license has been suspended, forfeited, or revoked in the last three years.
For more details, please see the information provided by TDLR regarding a parent's Roles and Responsibilities.
Its easy! You can instantly download your certificates. Thus there are not shipping and handling charges, and no waiting for the certificate to arrive.